Welcome to the Lewiston-Nez Perce County Regional Airport (LWS). Located the in beautiful Lewis Clark Valley, LWS is the gateway to north Central Idaho, southeastern Washington and northeastern Oregon. Service by both Alaska and Delta Airlines provides easy access to the U.S. and the world—Alaska Airlines connecting through Seattle and Boise and Delta Airlines connecting through Salt Lake City.
Because of its low elevation and dry microclimate, LWS is able to maintain flight operations when other regional airports are “socked in” by weather and fog. In fact, LWS recorded the second best on-time commercial airline performance of all U.S. airports in 2013.
Check out LWS. Consider the convenience and all the costs—not only fares, but also the time and expense of driving, the possible need for overnight accommodations and, of course, the free parking at LWS. Compare, then decide.
City of Lewiston Accepting Applications for Airport Authority Board Position
The Airport Authority board position previously held by Chris Hayes, who has been hired as airport manager, is vacant. This is a City of Lewiston position, so the new appointee will be chosen by the Lewiston city council. Applications should be submitted to Kari Ravencroft, Lewiston city clerk, before October 30.
Pride of Lewiston
After taxiing through the welcoming water arch, this A-10C Thunderbolt (a.k.a. Warthog) was dedicated to the City of Lewiston at a ceremony at the Lewiston-Nez Perce county Regional Airport (LWS) on September 23. The fighter, the Pride of Lewiston, is from the 124th Fighter Wing of the Idaho Air National Guard based at Gowen Field in Boise. The 124th devised a plan to adorn the nose of each of the Wing’s 21 A-10C’s with the name of a different Idaho City.
The wing commander, Col. Timothy Donnellan, flew the Pride of Lewiston to LWS. He was greeted warmly on a perfect autumn afternoon not only by the water arch but also by an impressive local contingent that included the Lewis-Clark Veterans Council color guard, the 64-member Lewiston High School band, Lewiston Mayor James Kleeburg, City Manager James Bennett and members of the Lewiston Fire and Police Departments.
- November 2015 - Now Accepting Applications for Airport Maintenance Technician
- November 2015 - September Meeting Minutes Have Been Added to the Website
- October 2015 - City of Lewiston Accepting Applications for Airport Authority Board Position
- August 2015 - Alaska Airlines Schedule Changes
- August 2015 - August 2015 Newsletter Available
- August 2015 - GOLWS at the Nez Perce County Fair
- August 2015 - Search For New Airport Manager Has Begun
- August 2015 - Pacific Northwest Antique Aircraft Air Tour Stops in Lewiston
- August 2015 - Meeting Minutes Added to the Website